Monday, April 11, 2011

Cancelled Classes and Grandma's Birthday

We've been told that there are three mature follicles on D's right ovary and possibly two (they are a little on the small side being 15 mm. so the doctors are hoping that by the time of retrieval they will have matured enough to produce a viable egg) on D's left ovary. We were instructed to give D the Ovidrel injection (which induces ovulation) tonight and come in for a pre-op appointment tomorrow afternoon, at which time they will explain the retrieval procedure. The retrieval is scheduled for Wednesday morning (34 - 36 hours after Ovidrel). My students were exceptionally happy to hear that I'm canceling my classes that normally meet before noon on Wednesday -- To be honest, I was a little offended by their reaction but that didn't stop me from being blissfully happy about the potential that we'll be expecting in a few weeks. The transfer will be three days after Wednesday, which makes it April 16. April 16, coincidentally is my grandmother's Birthday. We're both hopeful that the date is a good omen.

No comments:

Post a Comment